Sunday, June 02, 2013

10 Science Fiction Movies That Will Blow Your Mind

B&N has a list of 10 Science Fiction Movies That Will Blow Your Mind:
1. Fantastic Planet (1973)
2. THX 1138 (1971)
3. Altered States (1980)
4. Scanners (1981)
5. Stalker (1979)
6. Beyond the Black Rainbow (2010)
7. Westworld (1973)
8. Logan’s Run (1976)
9. Soylent Green (1973)
10. Solaris (1972)
I've seen the ones in bold print -so, all but one- but the one I haven't seen I've never even heard of. The other movies on the list are truly mind-blowing. I'll be seeking out Beyond the Black Rainbow soon just because it's in such amazing company. Stalker is by far my favorite from this list.

HT: SF Signal

4 comments:

  1. I've seen exactly ONE of these (THX 1138) but don't remember it. I was at a party and we watched it on a VCR. Of course, I LIVE in an altered state, so maybe that could count (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think anybody who lives with a cat lives in an altered state ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen Logan´s Run and Altered States. The only thing I remember about the latter is that William Hurt at the time was (to me) the sexiest man on Earth. I was just 13 or 14, haha! I would have thought anything he was in was brilliant. Perhaps I should take a look at it now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's been ages since i last saw altered states. hurt was never one of my crushes, but maybe i was too old for that by the time he came along. i have it on my shelf, having picked up a cheap copy a while back, thinking it'd be fun to see again.

    ReplyDelete