Monday, April 22, 2013

Skyfall

Skyfall is the latest Daniel Craig James Bond film. I knew the entire plot before I saw it, but I don't mind that. In fact sometimes I prefer to know, which The Younger Son finds mind-boggling. I was skeptical of Craig's casting as Bond at first, but I enjoyed this film and hope for many more. The Husband hasn't seen it yet -I watched the DVD with The Younger Son one night when The Husband was elsewhere- but I'll be glad to watch it again when he wants to see it.

trailer:



Empire gives it 4 out of 5 stars and concludes,
Skyfall is pretty much all you could want from a 21st Century Bond: cool but not camp, respectful of tradition but up to the moment, serious in its thrills and relatively complex in its characters but with the sense of fun that hasn’t always been evident lately.
Rolling Stone gives it 3 1/2 out of 4 stars and says, "Skyfall continues James Bond's backstory with staggering style and assurance." Slant Magazine gives it 3 1/2 out of 4 stars and says, "Bond's latest is a remarkable high watermark for the series: at once solemn and deeply funny, sexy and sad, self-conscious without all the rib-bruising elbowing." Salon.com calls it, "a rich, impressive, overstuffed and rather chilly spectacle that already looks like the biggest hit in franchise history". Roger Ebert loves it, gives it 4/4 stars and praises it saying, ""Skyfall" triumphantly reinvents 007 in one of the best Bonds ever. This is a full-blooded, joyous, intelligent celebration of a beloved cultural icon, with Daniel Craig taking full possession of a role" and "here is James Bond lifted up, dusted off, set back on his feet and ready for another 50 years" and "This is a brand-new Bond with love and respect for the old Bond". Rotten Tomatoes has a critics score of 92%.

2 comments:

  1. I want to see this one as I hear it really shows a lot about London. I used to be such a Bond film fan, but I've missed the last 2 or 3. I need to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the 3rd with daniel craig. the 2nd is considered the weakest of the 3, but i've enjoyed them all.

    ReplyDelete