Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Fratelli's Cafe


The Daughter and I had lunch recently at Fratelli's Cafe, a little place inside the main building at the Memphis Botanic Gardens. We sat at a table next to the windows on the left in the picture below:


Their menu can be viewed online. The Daughter had the Roma Club, which was not a "club" by anyone's definition, but which was a nice little sandwich nonetheless. I had the chicken salad on mixed greens. She had Earl Grey Tea, and I had the Lemon Lift. $2.50 for a Bigelow tea bag to dip into the cup of water at the table surprised us.


They were very crowded and service was incredibly slow, but we weren't in a hurry. The food was tasty. One couldn't call portions "generous" and we were both hungry after we ate. Our total was over $30 including tip, which seems high to us. We are glad we went but won't go back. We've decided it's a place more suitable to rich women lady-lunching.

Eat Local Memphis gives it high praise. The Memphis Flyer has a positive review. The I Love Memphis blog calls it "a favorite among ladies who lunch". It gets a score of 100% at Urban Spoon. Reviews at Yelp are also positive.


3 comments:

  1. Come to MY house and I promise NOT to charge $10.50 for that salad and I'll even throw in a cup of hot water and a tea bag, too! It's always nice to enjoy a luncheon out, but that was a bit pricey in my book.

    Of course, I suspect spending time with your daughter was priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention, now that I know you live in or near Memphis, I would love for you to visit Mud Island and take us along. It was one of my favorite museums EVER. I spent more time along the river walk than I did in the museum itself. Or at least that's how I remember it, since all my photos (developed, not digital) are gone from that visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, i love it when my daughter wants to do stuff :)

    mud island is a great idea. i haven't been in ages! i loved the river walk!

    ReplyDelete