Saturday, March 02, 2013

CK's


We had actually planned on eating at Brother Juniper's that Saturday, but when we got there in the late morning there was a wait of 1 1/2 hours. I asked when would be a better time to come and was told "before 8:30 in the morning". Well, that's not happening. We'll try again on a weekday and see if we have better luck.

On that day, however, we just went elsewhere. The CK's on Highland is right around the corner, so we went there. It closed down when the owners went bankrupt (if I'm remembering correctly) but has re-opened under new management. They are a cash-only establishment.

I ordered the cheese omelet, wheat toast, bacon and coffee. The omelet had sliced American cheese but was fluffy and tasty and may have been the largest omelet I've ever been served. The omelet came with hash browns, which I don't eat, but The Daughter enjoyed them.


The Daughter and The Husband ordered the scrambled egg and ham with white toast, and they happily ate it all. The Younger Son wanted French Toast, but when that wasn't on the menu he ordered a bacon cheeseburger. He says it's not the best burger in town, by any means, but he had no complaints.

My coffee was undrinkable. The Husband and The Daughter said the refills were fresher and tasted better, but I just waited 'til we got home and made my own. There are pictures of the menu at Urban Spoon.

Our total with tax but before tip was about $30. Not bad. Not bad at all.

When we did get back home I said to The Daughter, "Will you make coffee while I ice the cupcakes?" and The Husband has declared that The Best Sentence Ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment