Sunday, March 10, 2013

10 Fantastic Asian Horror Films

What Culture has a list of 10 Fantastic Asian Horror Films You Must See Before You Die:
1. Oldboy (2003)
2. Tetsuo: The Iron Man (1989)
3. Confessions (2010)
4. I Saw The Devil (2010)
5. Tokyo Gore Police (2008)
6. Shogun’s Sadism (1976)
7. EXTE: Hair Extensions (2007)
8. Three… Extremes (2004)
9. Sympathy For Lady Vengeance (2005)
10. The Doll Master (2004)
I've only seen the first one on this list, so it looks like I've found a definite hole in my movie-watching experience. Whether or not I should seek out the others on the list is questionable, though. The descriptions seem to emphasize the "gross out"/sleaze/gore/torture factor, which is not my cuppa tea. Confessions sounds like a possibility for me, as do Three Extremes and Sympathy For Lady Vengeance. I'll try to check them out.

HT: SF Signal

2 comments:

  1. At least you've seen one. Major hole in my movie experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was surprised at how few i'd seen. i've seen several japanese horror movies, but only oldboy is on this list. i hear spike lee is re-making oldboy with samuel l. jackson and josh brolin.

    ReplyDelete