Sunday, December 09, 2012

Genghis Grill


The Daughter texted me and said she had the whole day off and asked if I wanted to go out to lunch. Sweet! The place she picked was Genghis Grill, where I had never been. She explained how it works: They seat you and bring you a stainless steel bowl; you take the bowl to the raw food bar where you select a meat, seasoning, veggies and sauce; you take the filled bowl to their cooking station where you tell them what kind of rice or noodle you want; you go back to your table and wait for your food to be delivered. We chose most of the same foods, but I got fried rice and she got white. The food is served in large red bowls:


I admit I'm a sucker for a Chinese buffet (of already-cooked food) and my default location is close at hand at Eastgate, but this was fun. The food was good, and the waitress was friendly. In warmer weather the little patio would be a nice place to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment