Friday, December 14, 2012

El Puerto Mexican Grill & Bar


The Daughter and I had driven past El Puerto Mexican Grill & Bar on Highland many times and decided we needed to try it. We went there recently and are looking forward to going back. They have an extensive menu, so we won't ever get bored. When summertime comes we'll sit out on the patio and people-watch. There are a lot of people to watch around here with many pedestrians and bicyclists.


I had the lunch special #10, which is chicken or beef quesadilla with rice and beans. I picked the chicken. It was very good. The chicken was tender and tasty. Portions were generous and more than I could eat. The service was quick and friendly, helpful but not pushy. The waitress suggested a dish for The Daughter to try next time we come. Prices were reasonable, but I can't remember how much and can't find a full menu online. Our total including soft drinks and tax but excluding tip was a bit over $18.


GoMemphis.com has a positive review. I'm not seeing any other reviews on web sites or blogs, and that's a shame. I can't imagine folks not liking the food here. I do think that, now that we're past Thanksgiving and approaching Christmas, they might want to consider changing their sign. But that's the only suggestion for change I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment