Sunday, April 29, 2012

Reigning Sound

This is #4 on the I Love Memphis blog's list of 365 Things to do in Memphis: Listen to (and/or download) the Reigning Sound for free.

I admit I mostly listen to whatever I come across on the radio when I'm in the car and not much otherwise. I stick with WEVL (unless they are talking or playing gospel or country music) or WUMR. My last experience with local music was listening to the garage band across the street from behind my house when I was in elementary school.

I'm listening to Reigning Sound's music as I write this and am finding it interesting. I wouldn't change the station if this music were playing, but I wouldn't seek out more of it either. I'm a musical peasant, though, so what do I know. I spend more time reading books and watching movies, so I'm out of the loop on this one.

They have a Facebook page. You can listen to some of their music here. An older video of the band performing in Memphis is on youtube:

No comments:

Post a Comment