Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Live Like a Vulcan


When I watched the original Star Trek series as a child, it was Spock I was attracted to, so when I saw the title of this post at io9 I perked up. They offer 10 ways to live like a Vulcan. I'll put the bare bones here, but they explain it all at their site:
Wish other people long life and prosperity.
Make your greeting into a blessing.
Celebrate diversity.
Become a vegetarian.
Put the needs of the many ahead of the few (or the one).
Practice stoicism.
Learn to meditate.
Practice touch telepathy.
Go to extremes for love.
Send your children into the wilderness.

I think it's interesting that the emphasis on logic and reason and exclusion of emotion are not there, and I saw that as the hallmark of a Vulcan. It seems a bit of a touchy-feely list for a Vulcan.

The picture at the top of the post comes from Wikipedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment