Monday, April 12, 2010

Top Ten Super-Solo-Unsequelled-Standalone Fantasy Novels

Tansyrr has a list of favorite stand-alone fantasy novels:
Tam Lin, by Pamela Dean
The Time of the Ghost, by Diana Wynne Jones
Shadows Fall, by Simon R Green
Tender Morsels, by Margo Lanagan
Deerskin, by Robin McKinley
Good Omens, by Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett
Trash Sex Magic, by Jennifer Stevenson
Tooth and Claw, by Jo Walton
The Anvil of the World, by Kage Baker
Olympic Games, by Leslie What

Ones I've read are in bold print. Sad, huh. I know I don't read as much fantasy, but I haven't even heard of most of these.

2 comments:

  1. I read Good Omens, 'cause I ran out of Discworld novels and was desperate for more Pratchett. That's actually what turned me on to Gaiman. But other than that, we're in the same boat, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still working my way through Discworld (I'm only up to #8, I think).

    ReplyDelete