Friday, June 26, 2009

The Professional

The Professional is a 1994 French film (English language) directed by Luc Besson and starring Jean Reno, Natalie Portman and Gary Oldman. The Younger Son has a shorter cut and the international cut of this film and showed me the shorter version.

I tend to talk to movie characters as I watch them, and the last thing I said to Matilda was, "No! Don't put the plant there. It'll die there." Movie characters never listen to me.

trailer:



Roger Ebert doesn't like it. The New York Times says that "Even in a finale of extravagant violence, it manages to be maudlin." Variety says,
Besson delivers a naive fairy tale splattered with blood. Mix of cynicism and sentiment will ring hollow to cine-literate sophisticates but may play well to the gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment