Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Reading Steampunk

Lectitans has an introduction-to-steampunk reading list:
Proto-Steampunk:

Gormenghast Novels (esp Titus Alone), Mervyn Peake
Worlds of the Imperium, Keith Laumer
Queen Victoria's Bomb, Ronald W. Clark
A Nomad of the Time Streaks, Michael Moorcock

Early Steampunk:

The Anubis Gates, Tim Powers
Homunculus, James Blaylock
Infernal Devices, K W Jeter

More Recent Steampunk:

The Difference Engine, William Gibson and Bruce Sterling (I may have read this... I can't remember)
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Alan Moore
Steampunk, Ann & Jeff VanderMeer
Girl Genius, Studio Foglio
A Series of Unfortunate Events, Lemony Snicket


Ones I've read are in bold print. I'm not doing too great with steampunk, I see. I'll have to take this list to my local used book store and see if I can pick any of them up.

HT: SFSignal

No comments:

Post a Comment