Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Kevin Kline's Cyrano de Bergerac


We just happened to see this come on the tv tonight after the news, so we watched it. Kevin Kline is great as Cyrano de Bergerac in this made-for-tv filming of a Broadway revival.

Playbill has a report. The New York Times has a review praising Kline's performance in the role. The PBS site should have information here, but I've been getting "server error" each time I try to go there. There are clips linked at googlevideo, including an excerpt from an interview with Kline in which he discusses audience interruptions during the play.

I enjoyed this. I like the story, and I like the Jose Ferrer version from 1950. Theatre Memphis is hosting a performance of the play in February.

I found the photo at the top of the post on several different web sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment