Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Peter Gomes is new to me,

but I like him. I saw the Stephen Colbert interview and was impressed by his humor and his handling of the give-and-take in that setting:


Then I saw the Charlie Rose interview. I generally like Charlie Rose except that I think he sometimes talks too much. This interview was about 22 minutes long and was a more in-depth conversation than the Colbert segment:


NPR has an excerpt from the Scandalous Gospel book and an audio of Rev. Gomes reading from it.

Here is a 1-hour presentation by Gomes on the misuse and potential misuse of power by religious authority:


""What did Jesus preach?" asks Harvard pastor Peter J. Gomes, who believes that excessive focus on the Bible and doctrines about Jesus have led the Christian church astray":









Rev. Peter J. Gomes has a wikipedia entry and a short biography at The Memorial Church at Harvard University.

No comments:

Post a Comment