Friday, July 11, 2008

How to Make a T-Tunic

I don't sew, don't have a sewing machine and had to buy thread 'cause I didn't have black, but I made a tunic that'll do (oh, I do hope it'll do!) for The Younger Son to wear tomorrow. I adapted this pattern, leaving out the keyhole at the neck and not sewing all the way down the sides. The shirt we ordered hasn't come yet, so this will hopefully get him through tomorrow. Lugh will be our first event to attend since he began fencing with the Society for Creative Anachronism about a year ago. He's hoping to get authorized to fight in rapier events, and Alyssia has offered to meet us early so she can observe and test him.

I'm thinking that since it's a Roman-themed event I'll wear a sheet and dare them to laugh. Well, I'll hope they don't laugh loud enough for me to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment