Saturday, April 05, 2008

10 Best Science Fiction Stories About Religion

SFGospel has an annotated list of its choices for the 10 best science fiction stories about religion. Here are the 10:

1. Jack McDevitt, "Gus."
2. Robert Silverberg, "The Feast of St. Dionysus."
3. Philip K. Dick, "Faith of Our Fathers."
4. Katharine Kerr, "Asylum."
5. Isaac Asimov, "Reason."
6. Robert Silverberg, The Pope of the Chimps
7. Michael Bishop, "The Gospel According to Gamaliel Crucis."
8. Rick Moody, "The Albertine Notes."
9. Ray Bradbury, "The Man."
10. Fredric Brown, Answer

It's been so long since I read SF short stories... back in college I guess, or maybe some soon after that, and I don't know which of these are more recent than that.

The 2 stories linked are available online, and I own the book the Bradbury story is in. To read the others I'd have to buy a bunch of short story collections. I'll pass on that, but I am curious about the stories...

No comments:

Post a Comment