Friday, September 21, 2007

William Wyler Blogathon


Today begins the 9/21-9/23 William Wyler Blogathon. William Wyler directed a lot of films, many of which received Academy Award nominations. Mrs. Miniver, The Best Years of Our Lives and Ben Hur won best picture awards. I'm just beginning to pay attention to particular directors in history so had never realized that he had directed such varied pictures.

I have seen relatively few of his movies. We watched The Best Years of Our Lives recently. I've seen his 1939 Wuthering Heights, 1953 Roman Holiday, 1959 Ben-Hur and 1968 Funny Girl, but it's been a long time. My, he was eclectic!

The ones of his I would most like to see of those I've missed are The Letter with Betty Davis and How to Steal a Million with Peter O'Toole and Audrey Hepburn, but I've spent all my discretionary entertainment funds buying DVDs for the Akira Kurosawa Blogathon coming up in November. I've only seen one of Kurosawa's films. (sigh) So many movies, so little time....

No comments:

Post a Comment